New Doctors, New Drug
I saw my old neurologist Feb. 20th. Dr. Kronby is great because he actually listens to me and spends time with me, rather than shooing me out the door like the neurologists at McMaster.
He showed me my MRI results - brain 100% normal; neck 99.9999% normal.
Based on my description of the pain + the unusual sweating + having freezing cold feet all the time, he seems convinced I have peripheral (small fibre) neuropathy. He is referring me to two neurologists in London.
He also put me on a different drug, amitripteline. I'm taking a very low dose of 10 mg. It supposedly has made a huge difference in the lives of some diabetics who have my condition. It is a very old drug which used to be used to treat depression, but apparently it has been replaced by more modern drugs.
Labels: amitripteline, MRI


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home