Endoscopy
I had an endoscopy today. It was nothing like anyone described. Everyone (my sister, my friend, the doctor and the nurses) said it was not painful, and that I'd only feel and uncomfortable pressure in my stomach.
No pain my ass.
I did not feel pressure in my stomach, but what I did feel was an incredible pain in my throat. The anti-gag reflex spray did not work at all. I had serious convulsions the entire time. Perhaps my throat was too small? Maybe the spray didn't work? I suspect the latter.
The real infuriating part was at the end. The nurses told me no food or drink for 2.5 hours. I asked the nurses if the freezing was supposed to last that long. They said it should start to fade after 2 hours.
But when I told them that all the freezing had completely worn off after approximately 4 and a half minutes, they did not believe me and insisted I still had a frozen throat. I told them it was the same as when I visit the dentist - that freezing barely lasts 10 minutes.
Then they got upset.
They told me sternly not to eat anything until 5:30 p.m. because they didn't want the food going into my lungs on account of my throat still being numb. "Okay, whatever," I replied. I know when to give up.
I can't stand it when people don't listen to me. Not everybody is the same. Doctors and nurses of ALL people should know this. It's no wonder more and more people are dying in hospitals these days. Ignorant doctors.
Oh yeah - I'm Celiac-free. See? I believe the doctors when they tell ME something.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home